Saturday, March 21, 2009

camping and sleep?


We went camping this weekend with April's family. It was rewarding to see all the little cousins playing together. Did I mention we saw a bald eagle, deer, coyotes, and beavers. No, we were not camping in a zoo.

Here's a brief rundown.

4:00 pm Set up camp.
6:00 pm Eat
8:00 pm Smores / Crazy story time with April & the little ones.
9:00 pm Bedtime for the kids.
Later
2:00 am April asks me, "what time is it? I haven't slept yet?"
3:00 am Caleb wakes up crying / frozen in the tent next door.
3:30 am Inconvenience of having-a-bladder-syndrome.
3:37 am Josh wakes up crying / frozen in the tent next door.
3:39 am April, Josh, Caleb, & myself are all awake, cold.
5:00 am April and I give up on sleeping. The boys are now asleep. We go outside to join her dad & niece (also awake and cold) by the fire. We see an amazing sunrise a couple hours later.

No comments: