Sunday, December 28, 2008

vision = important for life.


Vision - the ability to think or plan the future with wisdom and imagination. That's one definition. It's the one on the little dictionary that floats on my desktop. Good enough for me. Vision is essential, for everyone, and important for arguably, every area of life. 

I was having lunch the other day with a friend. He and I were talking about life, God, marriage, and other random things men tend to talk about. He shared with me some of his goals. One in particular, struck me as, well - important. He said he was memorizing the New Testament. Let me say that again, memorizing the whole NT. 

What? Is that possible? Maybe for some people right? Well, he's on it. Better put, he has a vision for it. Sure, he serves in a closed country, where he may not be able to sit at starbucks and read the bible like many people do. My point though, is that he has vision, a plan. That vision, determines his decisions, time management, and values. Right on. 

Proverbs 29:18 Where there is no vision, the people perish. 
Another translation says, "where there is no revelation, the people throw off restraint." 

Either way, the point is -- thinking ahead / prayer planning
is C-R-I-T-I-C-A-L. 

So, I am in the process of thinking / praying through some of these things :
How will I invest in my relationship with God ?
How will I experience wholeness this year? 
How will I invest in my marriage in the months ahead?
How do we want to invest in and shape our children this next year?
How can we best serve / lead for the staff team we are humbled to serve alongside? 
How can we invest time in our relationships with others? 

No comments: