When I got home today, I was attacked by two water-gun-wielding midgets. The war was on. Within moments Josh and Caleb were were soaking wet. They didn't realize I am an expert water gun assassin. In fairness to them, I was soaked as well. Tonight was one the nights where we packed a lot of things in before sunset. Water gun war. Riding "big red" in the woods looking for mud. We saw a hawk and deer tracks. We then went fishing. Caught nothing. Great times.
Here are some things I don't want to forget about the past 24 hours.
1. April and I had a great visit with my parents last night. Very encouraging.
2. Seeing Josh and Caleb sword-fight their "dee-dee" (my dad).
3. Thinking about ISA 42, Phil 4:8 all day.
4. Making pad-thai with April for dinner.
5. Reading "Don't Worry Bear" and "The Tricky Fox" before their bedtime.
6. Praying with J/C about snakes and frogs God made.
7. Seeing plans for October's trip to HK come together.
8. $1000 reminder God is committed to GCM (and paying for a Ugandan friend to join us this year)
9. Jon & Kate + 8 = Vomit episode. Was Jon really breathing that loud?
10. Seeing adoption paperwork / updates go faster than expected.
11. Catching a lightning bug with Josh.
12. Asking Caleb what his favorite animal was? Green.