Saturday, November 07, 2009

secure


I love this picture. I could not love this child more than I already do. There are no words.

This image applies directly to our situation. He has asked us to trust Him in all things, with all things, for all things.

Sometimes the journey is exhausting. Sometimes the journey is amazing. Sometimes the journey is enjoyable. Sometimes... not so much. All the time however, it is worth it.

I have the deepest respect for all the saints who have gone before us, leaving borderland, in much harder times, to much more difficult places, that many would know the life-changing love of Jesus.

Even in our rest, we are still going where He is going. God's will for our lives cannot be thwarted. We can resist. Try to get out. Cry. Insist on our own way. Rely on our own abilities. Only to be reminded we are securely fastened to Him. Given His life. Empowered through His Spirit. Living for His glory. On display.

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. [Romans 8:38-39]

1 comment:

Emily Harrell said...

I so needed to hear that in my own time of transition. I have not fully embraced the trusting in God with ALL of it! THANKS for the reminder!

Emily Harrell