Friday, October 02, 2009

HKPU

Earlier this week, I met some new friends near HKPU. Over lunch we discussed the 60th Anniversary of PRC, laughed about some of the common mispronunciations both for Western English speakers with Mandarin, and for Chinese speakers learning English. Let's just say, I will be very careful when ordering chicken in a restaurant. More importantly, I was reminded of this simple reality.

God has blessed the Church with the responsibility of speaking the gospel, of telling His story of grace; it is a true gift to interact with others from totally different backgrounds and beliefs. It only reaffirms for me, that I belong to Him by grace alone. Grace. Alone.

One of the biggest changes I can see in my life here over the past couple of months is my prayer life. Don't get me wrong, there aren't callouses on my knees, but I have been trying to make a conscious effort to pray while I am walking, wherever that is. In all likelihood, I will never see the majority of people I am praying for ever again... but who am I to underestimate the power of God working through the prayers of His people. He asks us to walk in faith and to not rely on our own understanding.

"The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their cry" Psalm 34:15

No comments: