Friday, September 04, 2009

she is.




As an encouragement to our family, friends, and partners who have blessed and enabled us to be here serving in Hong Kong, I wanted to share that I am incredibly grateful for what I see happening in the life of our family. This transition has been a 2 year journey of surrender for all of us, but I have seen true joy in our home these days.

April is operating on a different bandwidth these days, filled with a sense of confidence, direction, and peace like never before. She is definitely making up for lost time in homemaking. After packing / unpacking 3 times in the past year, she is nesting like a pregnant woman in her third trimester (no, she is not pregnant).

No, not everyday is easy or perfect, but this is what I can say for all the Dean boys in our home: "She is clothed with strength and dignity, she can laugh at the days to come, she speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue. She watches over the affairs of her household...Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her, "Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all." (Prov. 31:23-29)

I am so honored to be her husband, and to see how God is working in her. She has been a source of constant encouragement and wisdom for what is turning out to be the most significant transition we have experienced as a family. To say it another way, I am very much impressed. She has made our "marble hotel lobby" into a home that both our family and team can enjoy.

I say this because I know during those last weeks in Auburn our closest friends saw us at our worst, in our condition of brokenness as people in need of God's abundant and constant grace. I just wanted to say, that our God and Father has been so faithful. Knowing Christ is the joy of our lives, and we can't wait to see what He will do.

4 comments:

Chickie said...

Ok...you've got me in tears before I've even had coffee! How precious, and I know the little guys would agree. Those kind of affirmations make it all worth it for a wife & mom. You know Matt, we MET you guys for the first time during those last days, and loved your family instantly. We can't wait to visit and spend time with you guys again.

The Stevens

rebekah said...

I get so excited for ya'll everytime I read yours and mal's blogs. I keep thinking to myself, how can I make it over there to visit????

Kim said...

What a beautiful post. We are so excited about meeting your precious family and we cannot wait for our families to get to know each other in our new "home away from home"!
Love & Blessings from Hong Kong,
Kim

John Pritchard said...

i miss those faces. glad to see all the smiles! and the haircuts-- awesome!

jp