1. Throughout the Bible, God used men who were aware of their inabilities and needed to be reminded," Do not fear for I am with you."
2. At the end of the day, my three sons (at least that's how many children we currently have) are the most important time-investment I can make in God's kingdom. They will be our legacy... way more than anything else we do on this earth.
3. We take a lot of things for granted, like furniture or a refrigerator. Turns out, you can live without them. It may not be practical or convenient, but I have realized how much I truly have... and we're still living out of suitcases.
4. People handle cross-cultural transition differently... and that is OK.
5. There is no encouragement like that of my wife. She is amazing. I have loved seeing what God is doing in her heart these days. This still is a very odd thought to both of us: We LIVE in Hong Kong. We are most definitely the outsiders here, in our neighborhood, grocery store, streets. It is rare for us to see another Westerner where we live... and that's great.
6. Time together is critical. For us. For our children. For our team. For our calling. For our relationships.
7. Our parents really, really, really love us... and we love them. We miss you!
8. We miss our Auburn friends and church family.
9. We are here because of the generosity, sacrifice, and obedience of others. We are in this gospel partnership together.
10. Yes Lord, walking in the way of your truth, we wait for You, for your name and your renown are the desire of our souls... Declare His glory among the nations... He will establish the work of your hands... Apart from ME you can do nothing... Therefore Go!... In Him we live and move and have our being... A new and living way... The way, truth, and life... You were dead; now you are alive in Christ... For it is by grace... no man can boast... make every effort towards unity... Be prepared... They will know by your love...