Saturday, May 02, 2009

yet another step


Sold. It's official. It's been a big week in terms of saying good bye to things. We sold more of our furniture, closed the grace campus office, and sold our van. A year ago, we lived in a fairly large house, filled with furniture we had purchased during the course of our marriage, and had two cars in the driveway. Now, we are driving a borrowed vehicle and in the process of asking of the things we have left, what stays, sells, or goes?

For those of you who have been following our journey, this might encourage you. April and I were not really sure how we would feel at this leg of the journey -- 90 days out, reality setting in, possessions no longer possessing us, --- and we can say, God's grace is abundant.

That's not preacher-talk. That's a normal man and normal woman, saying to those who read: "This is do-able". It may be counter-cultural to move overseas for the sake of the gospel, but it is IN our DNA because we have been made new in Christ to do these things (Ephesians 2:10) --- and in Him -- we LIVE, and MOVE, and HAVE our being (Acts 17:28).

What about you? Have you said "yes" to God with something in your life, and seen Him do far more than you could ever ask or imagine?

If you are reading, and do not receive our monthly updates, click here.

1 comment:

Lisa Smith said...

Matt and April...

I am so with you!!! I sold my house few years back as God started preparing me. I sold my car when I thought it was time to return to Hong Kong last October. But the time was not right yet. So, I am also driving a borrowed car. I have scaled down to 1 bedroom from a 5 bedroom house. I am working to wrap up some things, but my heart earns to be back in Hong Kong every hour of every day. God has planted some specific instructions for me to follow, so I look forward to His sweet blessing as I continue to walk in obedience. I will see you in Hong Kong before long. Much love and my prayers for the entire team and those that God is still calling to join. Lisa