Saturday, September 13, 2008

being still in the new normal



"Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." Ps. 46:10

Stillness is more of a posture of my heart, than a reality in my experience these days. Perspective is everything. Admittedly, perspective is a choice, and one I must choose daily, if not hourly. If stillness means no movement, then that pretty much happens when I'm sleeping... I assume. 

Right now, I have 8 lbs of wonder, wrapped in a yellow outfit, with small rabbits around the chest.Big blue eyes are staring up. His little mouth, which trembles slightly when he hiccups, and his little arms that are almost always moving, stretching -- are tiny signs of my own condition before our Holy God. Dearly loved. Greatly held together. Created and Sustained. 

In the background, Rita Springer sings "distant shores and the islands will see your light..." , the dishwasher is running, and Josh and Caleb are playing dinosaurs. April is in the kitchen getting the sink ready for Luke's bath. It's in this moment, where I am choosing to be still, and know, that He is exalted among the nations and on the earth. We want to be a part of seeing His exaltation among the nations. We want our children to participate in the kingdom, to be an active part of seeing His kingdom come on earth, as it is in heaven. 

The bath is ready and that's a good thing. Luke just pooped through his diaper, outfit, and it's all over both of us. Not bad. Not bad at all... 



No comments: